Next implementations of our Algorithmic Trading Platform by customers don’t stop us from developing the platform itself. Working agile requires us to keep the pace in short and frequent iterations, which in case of product means frequent releases, keeping the whole product line stable.
A few iterations that we planned in our 1.3.4 release, code named by our developers ‘The Firebolt’, will include among others:
– even faster real-time replication of all server-side components in master-slave mode (for deployment in larger institutions)
– extended client side backtesting capabilities
– sophisticated charting of backtesting results and statistics
– multiscreen mode of client side application
– additional web-based server-side module for administration & management
For those curious about the release name and unfamiliar with Harry Potter, Firebolt is:
“The state-of-the-art racing broom. The Firebolt has unsurpassable balance and pinpoint precision. Aerodynamic perfection.”
—Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
“The Firebolt has an acceleration of 150 miles an hour in ten seconds and incorporates an unbreakable Braking Charm. Price upon request.”
—Harry reads about the features of the Firebolt.
Speed, precision, balance, perfection. These are the words that describe our software, therefore choosing the code name was kind of obvious :).
The Firebolt broom