Most financial advisors are in a state of denial about robo-advice. They say clients value the human touch or need real people to understand the nuances of their financial lives. They’re wrong. Soon robo advice will be much more efficient than human advice ever was. The next step in wealth management is to get rid of it’s weakest and costliest part – the human advisor.
In this article we would share the results of our analysis on most important areas where appliances of Machine Learning (or marketing term – Artificial Intelligence) will take wealth management to the next level. Those areas include:
- ML in behavioural analysis that tracks typical investors mistakes and reacts on nervousness, not thought-through decisions, spontaneous reactions to market downturns etc. Contact the investors when they really need explanation and support.
- Sophisticated portfolio allocation and rebalancing backed by algorithmic trading and execution algorithms
- Real time adjustments in investment strategy (change in goals, life situation, job, location, marital status, remuneration) on finest level, that human advisors could not deliver
- Combination of long term advice with ML analysis of current budget status (with integration all bank accounts) and spending and saving practices. The result would be high level plans combined with help in everyday execution.
- Chatbot and voice technology – explaining the investment strategy and current market situation in most natural manner.
- ML in in analysis and navigation of tax nuances
Implementing those AI functionalities in robo advice systems will be important step on the way to delivering more financial freedom. Professional advice, available to anybody, especially to those who can’t afford it now, but need it most. At friction of the current costs.
AI is beating humans in chess, go and recently even in poker. Now it’s time for a financial planning game. And these are not bad news, but not for the financial advisors but for the customers.
If you want us to elaborate on the topic of using Machine Learning in Wealth Management please vote for us to be part of incoming WealthTech Book:
See our Robo Advisor Software: